Monday, September 04, 2006

Random Quotes


Just as the title says, these are random quotes. I found them on one of my favorite quote sites (www.christianquotes.com). I gathered these awhile ago, and decided instead of posting one a day, I'd go ahead and group them together, unsure if I'd be able to do the daily thing since school is starting in two days.

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."

- Albert Camus

"In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart."

- John Bunyun

"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

- Corrie ten Boom

"The right manner of growth is to grow less in one's own eyes."

- Thomas Watson

"I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

- Martin Luther

This life was not intended to be the place of our perfection, but the preparation for it."

- Richard Baxter

"Character is not made in a crisis, it is only exhibited."

- Robert Freeman

"The chief end of man is to glorify God BY enjoying him forever."

- John Piper

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn."

- Charles Wesley

"God, I pray Thee, light these idle sticks of my life, that I may burn for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one, like You, Lord Jesus." - Jim Elliot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Picture taken from www.travelblog.org)

4 comments:

Zoanna said...

Wow,Sarah, these are all really good. I like Jim Elliot's a lot..."not a long life but a full one. " Honestly I'd like both.

Zoanna said...

Wow,Sarah, these are all really good. I like Jim Elliot's a lot..."not a long life but a full one. " Honestly I'd like both.

Zoanna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love the quotes and the flower. The Jim Elliot quote has been a long-time favorite of mine.