Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Cup: Half Full or Half Empty?

I was listening to something a little while ago that was really good. I don't know who it was, but I'm pretty sure it was on Words to Live By (which I never listen to, but I'm glad I did that night). Anyway I only caught a little of the end, but basically what he was saying was it's not a matter of looking at the cup as half empty or half full, but just to be thankful you have a cup. That was really convicting. While I tend to be more positive, and try not to think negatively, I am a sinner, and the negativity and discouragement do present themselves. Anyway, I loved hearing this, and pray that the next time I'm tempted to see my cup as half empty, I will instead stop and thank God for the cup, no matter what it's filled with. A cup half empty of pain and trials is still indeed a cup half full of God's mercy, grace, and love.

Be encouraged!

No comments: