Friday, March 28, 2008

How it Went

So I know that this was awhile ago, but I wanted to thank those of you who were praying for me about sharing the gospel with the aide. It went well. Through talking with her, I found out she already goes to Mt. Christian Church, so that was cool. In the short time (only 3 school days) I was with her, I didn't see much fruit. I don't say that at all to judge her, but to give you an idea of why I even felt the need to talk to her as if she weren't a Christian. I don't know if that makes sense to you, I just can't think of another way to say it right now. It's earlier than I like to be awake right now. Ha.

But anyway, I think through that, God was working in me. I tend to shrink back in fear and throw perfect opportunities away, and I knew this time I would have that regret lingering in me again if I didn't talk to her. It was totally by God's grace. I almost didn't talk to her. And, yes, I totally would have made excuses of "well, there wasn't really a good time" or whatever to justify my fear of man. I am not boasting at all in myself, for I know this is perhaps my weakest area, and it was God showing his power to me. That through him, anything is possible.

I really felt like that whole time I wasn't quite sure I was picking the right words and phrases, so I hope it actually makes sense to someone besides me.

Now, I'm off to the first 8 am class of the semester. :) (That's a fake smile, in case you were confused)

No comments: