Thursday, July 24, 2008

Heaven: Jair's Home


(Jair is in the middle in the green shirt, and his younger sister is on the far right)

First, thank you to those who prayed for Jair's healing. The Lord chose to take Jair (I believe he is about 5 although I don't know for sure) home this morning- he now has a perfect body, completely cancer free, and is rejoicing in Heaven with our precious Savior. As I sit here, I am crying. I'm so saddened by the loss of this little boy who has occupied my thoughts and been in my prayers for the past 2 months. I never met him, yet I feel like I do. I'm crying as if I did. I don't know why God put him on my heart. I think some of the people on the trip may not even have heard about him as he was only mentioned a few times, yet God gave me a love for him that I don't know I've ever felt for someone I never met. Jair's parents have been such an encouragement of strength and trust in God, and even though I never met them, I admire them so much and am encouraged by their immense faith. Mr. Dean and Mrs. Denise, the director and his wife of Rancho3M, and their 3 sons cared for Jair's baby sister (who I did get to "meet" as much as you can meet an infant) throughout his time in the hospital. She was so precious. I'm sad to know she won't grow up knowing her big brother. I believe he also has a two year old sister, who I'm sure is broken hearted. I can imagine her big brother was her buddy, her protector.

Please pray for this family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through. They have remained so strong through this all. They have seen their son almost die and then be healed 3 times and now they are experiencing the pain of losing a son. Please pray for Mr. Dean and Mrs. Denise and their three sons (who have said they be brothers to Jair's sisters...how sweet is that?) who are mourning Jair's death. I'm also sure there are many kids at the orphanage who are crushed by the loss of their friend, their playmate. Many of these kids have lost one or both parents, some even recently, I'm sure, so this is not easy for them.

I really don't know what else to say. I'm still shaken by this loss, however, I know that God can be glorified even through this, and I'm rejoicing that Jair is now in Heaven, free from pain and suffering, spending eternity with the Lord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear the news.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, thank you for your model of mercy and compassion. I rejoice with Jair, but will pray for those he left behind. I will also pray that you would sense the Father's nearness to the brokenhearted.

anne said...

what an adorable boy. I know he is so missed, but thankful for his new pain free body. praying for his family too...