Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quotes that sound good... But aren't really true

I feel like my facebook is always bombarded with those pictures that people keep sharing and liking. Some are good, and some just sound good. Here are some of the latter.

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into place." Lucille Ball

Is that in 1st Me 1:01? Because I'm pretty sure we're to love (others) because Christ first loved us. I don't remember ever reading that Jesus loved himself so much that he gave His only Son to die.

"I don't have time to hate people who hate me because I'm too busy loving people who love me."

The Bible has lots to say about loving your enemies, and about it really not being a big deal to love those who love you because it's easy. Instead, it says to love those that hate you, because that's going to be a sign to others that Christ lives in you.

Are there any quotes you've read or heard lately that just make you think, "that certainly sounds good, but it's really not true?"

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

"The Lord helps those who help themselves." That was Ben Franklin who said that, but a lot of folks think is was from the Bible. The Lord everyone. EVeryone needs help and can't do it alone, even if they think they can.