Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Heaven

I thought I'd ask what one (or few) thing(s) come to your mind immediately when you think about heaven. I'm sure there are many, but which thought comes to mind first, most often?

For school I'm supposed to write a 2-3 page paper on my thoughts and views of Heaven, and was curious what you all think about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Starting tomorrow I'm going to do a little mini series based on the chapter I just finished (out of the book "Humility: True Greatness" By C.J. Mahaney --which some of you may also be reading.) about morning routines to help in the battle against pride.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Being with the Savior. I don't just say that either. I just in a Piper book...warning: it's a bit long for a comment box..."The critical question for our generation - and for every generation - is this:If you could have heaven, with no sickness, and with all the friends you ever had on earth, and all the food you ever liked, and all the leisure activities you ever enjoyed, and all the natural beauties you ever saw, all the physical pleasures you ever tasted, and no human conflict or any natural disasters, could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there?
Nothing fits a person to be more useful on earth than to be more ready for heaven. This is true because readiness for heaven means taking pleasure in beholding the Lord Jesus, and beholding the glory of the Lord means being changed into His likeness."
I'm glad you asked about heaven. It makes me want to behold Him here and now today, to be transformed by His glory, and to be ready to do it for all eternity without this body of death.
Ask your mom, I don't usually comment this long, I promise.

Zoanna said...

Don't worry about it, Laurie. I am usually the longwinded commentator, as you know. I apprecite the Piper quote. I am going to blogging a series of topics on "the place He has prepared for me," but I should have prefaced it by saying that NOTHING or NO ONE ELSE"S presence in heaven will mean diddly if Jesus Himself were not there. If it were HE and I alone up there, it would be more joyous than I could fathom! I am just having the kids use their imaginations about the way Christ is practicing hospitality for us even as we await our homegoing.