Thursday, October 26, 2006

I love my Job!

Having been at work for almost two months now, I've come to realize that this is the reason God had me wait so long for a job- he didn't want me to just settle for a job, he wanted me to love my job. Had I gotten a job right away, I wouldn't have learned all that I did- patience and trust mainly. I got to the point where I was so desperate for a job, for money, for something to do, that I finally just said "I'll work ANYWHERE!" and even applied to places, like Chuck E. Cheese's, where I never would have wanted to work. At the end of the summer I applied to Michael's. My expectations were low since I had already tried a little earlier in the summer. When I got the job, needless to say, I was thrilled. I would be making money and I'd have something to do. However, when I started my job back at the end of August, I didn't yet realize how much I would LOVE it, not just like it. With that said, here are some reasons I love working at Michael's:

+ Co-workers are SO amazing. They are patient with me, easy to converse with, and just make those dull times so much more bearable.

+ The environment is my type of environment. I hate living in a mess (for those who have seen my room, stop laughing!) so it's nice to work where pretty much everything is always clean and organized.

+ The employee discount of 25% has come in handy. I love doing crafts, so it's really nice to be able to pick something up with paying full price. This can be a little dangerous, but I'm trying to watch my spending outside of Christmas gifts right now.

+ The customers are (for the most part) polite, kind, and curteous. Sure, we get our bad apples, but I'd say 19 out of 20 customers are "good" ones.

+ I can now afford to give more. Just yesterday I was able to afford to sponsor a child through Compassion International. I have wanted to do this since I was about 10 or 11, and now I am finally making enough money to do this.

4 comments:

Briana Almengor said...

Thank goodness you didn't get a job or choose to take a job at ChuckE cheese (sp?). YOu might have ended up hating kids! And, it is very cool that you took some of your earnings and sponsored a Compassion Kid!

Zoanna said...

I love that you love your job. I also get a bang out of your discount!

Kate said...

My favorite part about reading why you love your job was hearing your heart that desires to "give more" now that you have a little cash flow. Wow. I must admit, that would not be one of my first thoughts if I were in your shoes, especially after waiting so long to find the perfect job. Thanks for the perspective today!

Anonymous said...

so great, Sarah!!!