Monday, November 20, 2006

Thanksgiving

I wasn't sure exactly what to write, but since it's been almost a month, I figured I should at least write something. This Thursday is Thanksgiving, and I'd like to know some of your traditions, favorite memories, favorite recipes, or your plans for this Thanksgiving. Also, I'd love to hear what you're most thankful for this year.

This year I am thankful for:

Beginning a daily devotional life
I'm thankful for my job
The opportunity to take a class again at the CDS
I am thankful for the new friendships I've made
I'm thankful for the friendships that have grown
I am thankful for the opportunity to work at the camp this summer
I am thankful that I got to meet a family from Israel, and that I get to see Ya'el again in a few days.

Our Traditions:
Thanksgiving tree- We get a branch from the yard, cut out some paper leaves in fall colors, and each person write five things they are thankful for. Punch a hole in the leaf, hang it on the tree, and viola, a tree full of what we're thankful for.
Day after celebration- Normally we go over my grandparents the day after, or two days after, Thanksgiving day. This is so that everyone can celebrate on their own or with their husbands side on Thursday.
New guests- 2 or 3 years in a row we celebrated Thankgiving with guest whom we didn't know, or didn't know well. One year we had a family from church, another year foreign exchange students, and the following year one of the foreign exchange students came back to celebrate with us again.

Favorite Thanksgiving foods:
I think my favorite food on the Thanksgiving table is mashed potatoes. My grandparents and aunt are vegetarians, and surprisingly I like the meatless "turkey" better than real turkey.

This year:
We'll probably celebrate Thanksgiving with my moms side either on the day, or on Sunday, since I'm working Black Friday, and again on Saturday. Ya'el is in from Israel so she'll be with us. I made some place cards (pictures to come) to fancy up the table. Hopefully we'll be able to just hang out with my relatives and Ya'el and play some games. I'm just gonig to try to enjoy my week off from school as best as I can.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments: