Friday, March 16, 2007

Conviction from Nicaragua

As I mentioned in a previous post, I sponsor a girl from Nicaragua. Yesterday I read a letter I had gotten from her, and something she said really stood out to me, and brought immediate conviction.
It wasn't something new. I've heard it before. Many times. I tell it to myself and to others a lot. But lately, I haven't been believing it. She said, "If we don't have anything, but we do have him, we have everything."

It is so amazing what God can use to bring conviction. In this case, he used the letter of a poor, 11 year old, sweet girl from Nicaragua.

Lord, please don't ever let me forget that you are everything I need. Nothing in this world can satisfy me. Only you can, Lord. Help me to stop craving the things of this world that only leave me empty. Let me run to you, the one who can leave me completely satisfied for eternity. Amen.


2 comments:

Maggie said...

You said..."It was something new. I've heard it before. Many times. I tell it to myself and to others a lot." It WAS something new?
Sorry I dont comment a lot while you are a faithful comment..er...haha. Ok, ttyl!
≈Mags!

Maggie said...

Sarah, I have a question...Do you know how to change blog colors? Like my friend can use two different colors in the same blog. I can't figure out how that works. Do you know how?