Friday, January 25, 2008

7 Weird Things about Me

I was tagged by Mrs. Laurie to reveal 7 weird things about me. So here they are:

1) I have this obsession with certain things being even. If I scratch one arm, I must scratch the other so that they feel even, even if it's not itchy. If I put eye drops in one eye, I'll put them in the other, even if it's not dry, but because they need to feel even. My socks must be the same sock. It doesn't matter if they look exactly the same. Both could be all white, ankle-length, but just knowing they're different I can sense they feel different.

2) I [usually] prefer to spend my own money than other people's. Most people have no problem spending other people's money, but I would much rather spend my own because I feel bad taking other people's. I will treat my brother to lunch, buy stuff for the whole family, etc all with my own money, even though it's not for me.

3) I don't listen to secular music. I have strong convictions against secular music, and I rarely, if ever, turn it on. I will listen to it when it's playing in stores, people's cars, or if it's in a movie. I simply don't take the initiative to listen to it most of the time. I'm not even talking bad secular music. Pretty much if it isn't praise or worship, I don't listen to it.

4) I always carry floss and deodorant in my purse. Even worse, I used to carry a lint brush and toothbrush too. I am a hygeine freak, which is good, but it's all grounded in fear of man, which isn't.

5) I am obsessive about crazy things. I will press the lock button several times in the car to insure it's locked. My bedroom door must be completely closed before I will go to bed. It can't just be shut, I have to hear the click or I will not be able to fall asleep. I have to have toilet paper on the roll (or at least under the sink) in the hall bathroom before bed or I can't fall asleep, even though I rarely go to the bathroom in the middle of night. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of right now.

6) I can't wait to be a grandmother. This might not be that weird, but I think it is, because seriously, how many other 18 year olds are totally excited and regularly thinking about being a grandmother? Like most girls, I am looking forward to motherhood (if the Lord wills), but I don't know, there's just something about being a grandmother that sounds really exciting. I'm sure most of it has to do with the fact that I have the best grandmother and I can't wait to be like her. If I can be a grandmother who is partly like my grandmother and part like Mrs. Wilma from church, I'd be truly blessed.

7) I freak myself out driving at night. I am generally laid back and relaxed, but I just may be the most jumpy person when I'm driving at night. You can't really tell by the way I drive (at least, I don't think you can...actually no, now that I think of it, I do sometimes step on the brake quickly for no reason) but inwardly I freak at everything. It could just be a shadow and I'll think it's a person. Leaves will blow in the street and I think it's a deer. I might see a light out of the corner of my eye and think it's a raccoon.

So yeah, some of those things aren't really weird, but I was really trying to rack my brain for something and I was coming up short. Unfortunately, these are going to have to do. Even if they aren't really weird, you now know more about me and how insanely obsessive I can be about stupid stuff.

1 comment:

Zoanna said...

Well, I, your very own wonderful mother, didn't know you were so eager to become a grandmother. It's a little odd, granted, but I'm glad you have a long-range view of parenthood that extends out quite a ways into the future! I'm looking forward to being a grandmother, too, and I'm pretty sure I'll beat you to the punch.