Thursday, January 10, 2008

Having a Blast in NH!!!

Yes, I'm still alive...just trying to make the most of winter break. I am up in NH visiting a long time friend and we're having so much fun. I will expand some when I get home, but for now I'm just going to write what we've done, so I don't forget (which is very likely to happen, no matter how much fun it all is)

Friday: Leslie and Anne picked me up at the airport, we got to see Megan, and then that night we babysat for Leslie and Anne's adorable 4 and 7 year old cousins Colleen and Hannah.

Saturday: Slept in, went to a bonfire thing to burn the Christmas tree, then Leslie worked that night while I spent the evening playing games, taking pictures and filming videos with Andrew, Leslie's 7 year old brother. Good times!

Sunday: Went to King of Grace church, which was great. Meg came home with us and we had fun with Katie, another girl from their church. Leslie and Anne had inventory at work that night, but the rest of us had fun.

Monday: My first time ever skiing! It was awesome. And, I got to take lessons with Meg, a first timer, too. I thought it was going to be a group lesson, but it was just Meg and me and the instructor which was great!

Tuesday: Spent the day with Mrs. Sandy as Leslie and Anne had to work 11-6. It was great. Tuesday night we had caregroup and watched youtube videos of babies laughing and other funny stuff. Oh, and how could I forget! I got to meet Mike Huckabee, get his autograph, talk to him, and experience Paparazzi like never before. :) Unfortunately, I accidentally dropped my camera and the battery thing broke. It still works, and I think it can be repaired with some super glue, it's just annoying for now.

Today: Spent the day with Anne as Leslie had to work 11-6. We played monopoly, visited Leslie at work (and got Sobe drinks!), and then Leslie got home and the two of us went out to dinner, which was really nice because so far it's the only time we've had to talk, just the two of us.

Tomorrow: We plan to head to Maine, which should be so much fun. I went there when we came last time, and I enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to it again. Great photo ops, talking time, and just hanging out. Leslie and Anne both have to work from 5-10, but this family is like my second family. I feel just about as home here as I do at my house, so I don't mind.

Friday: No formal plans yet. Leslie and Anne both have the whole day off, and I don't leave until 7 at night, so I'm sure we'll do something on my last day here. I will definitely miss it here, but we're thinking of making it an annual winter break trip. I hope it works out!

Be home soon with exciting stories about fun times and lessons learned (and I'm not just talking skiing, although the biggest lesson came from that day.)

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Glad you're having a wonderful time!

I'd love to see pictures sometime when you get back! The last time I saw them, a funeral aside, Andrew was...well, definitely not 7! :) (still have a group picture of a bunch of us on my desk, from what...5 years ago?!)

Tell them Matt and I said hello!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're having such a great time. YOu deserved some time away.
JOel and I miss you like crazy. But he's being a good boy. Love you!

Kristin said...

Andrew's 7?? I thought he was 2! Wow...time flies!