Friday, February 01, 2008

Once Again

When I found out that I was going to be allowed to go on the Juniors and Seniors missions trip to Mexico this year, I was so excited. I wasn't really expecting it to be allowed, so I tried not to get my hopes us, but when I got the news I could go, I was beyond excited. They don't need me as a chaperone, but as an administrative assistant or something, but that doesn't bother me. I'm still excited! It didn't matter to me what my role is, I just wanted to go because I feel God is calling to me a place that will require me to lay aside comfort, which is my idol.

Anyway, that really isn't what this post is about, that's more the preface.

I found out on Sunday that the trip would be about 500-550 dollars. My first thought was that there is no way I can get that much money in 3-4 months. Even if I save, save, save, my expenses would still gobble up most of my paycheck.

Why would I doubt God for 500 dollars when he supplied 6000 dollars less than a year ago?

I had forgotten about taxes. With tax season comes tax returns (at least for me). I did my taxes last night and learned the news that I would be receiving a LOT of money back, much more than I ever expected. That totally put wind in my sails. And, I also got a Wednesday night babysitting job that will start this coming Wednesday, Lord willing. Based on what they told me they pay and how long caregroup usually goes, I figure if I babysit even 5 times from now until then, I will have the total trip paid for, plus spending money without ever having to take any out of a paycheck.

GOD IS GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!