Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Encouragement

I've had these lines from a Casting Crowns song playing through my mind a lot lately, and they remain encouraging no matter how many times they play in my mind.

"You don't need the answers to all of life's questions
Just know that He loves her and stay by her side."

(I had no idea what song they were from, but after looking them up I realize they are from the same song I mentioned in my last post which is "Love Them Like Jesus")

Except, I'm a little off on my lyrics, because what was playing through my head was


"I don't need the answers to all of life's questions, just know that He loves me and will stay by my side."


I don't need to know when the right guy will come along, when I'll finish school, where I'll travel to next, when I'll be a mom, IF I'll be a wife or mom, what I'll do the rest of my life. I just need to know that God loves me and will stay by my side through every season of life.

Questions to think about and ask yourself...no need to answer them in the comment box!:

~ Am I trusting God with my life or am I demanding answers because I'm fearful of the unknown?

~ What is the biggest area I lack trust? What is it that I'm most afraid of?

~ What is hindering me from trusting God the way I know I need to?

~ Who are some people I know that seem to be strong examples of trusting God? Is it possible for me to talk to them, ask them to share encouragement with me, and even pray for me, in the area of trusting God?


Let me leave you with encouragement straight from the Bible:


Matthew 6:25-34 (ESV)

Do Not Be Anxious
"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.




No comments: